The SM57 is one of the most versatile microphones on the market. This dynamic product can handle the highest sound pressure levels without distortion, making it the perfect choice for recording high-volume instruments like drums. Many hit recordings feature the SM57 on the snare, as it can handle the noise without distortion. This product is also perfect for use with high-volume amplifiers. The SM57 can even handle close up recording on half-stack amps that are painfully loud for human ears. This microphone will help you to bring the feel of a live performance to your recordings for a better representation of your music. While this microphone is notorious for being used in the studio to record the sounds of percussion, wind, and string instruments, it also provides high quality vocal recording. Whether you are using it for spoken word or vocals, the SM57 will deliver a flawless sound while eliminating background noises. Because of its reliability, sound isolation, and quality sound reproduction, the SM57 has been used at the podium for Presidential speeches for the past 40 years.
The SM57 differs from microphones that are manufactured solely for vocal pickup in many ways.Vocal microphones like the SM58 have their frequency dialed in to a certain range that is common in most singers, enhancing that microphone’s pickup of the human voice. The SM57 doesn’t have this specific tuning, so it can handle frequencies on a much wider scale, with a response from 40Hz to 15KHz. Without this tuning, the microphone takes in the sound exactly as it is played, creating a perfect recording every time. This is even preferred by some vocalists who want only the raw input of their voice with no tuning at all.
- The most popular dynamic microphone on the planet
- High Quality reproduction for drum, instrument and percussion amp miking
- Contoured frequency response for rich vocals and clean instrumental reproduction
- Extremely durable for to withstand heavy use and abuse
- Shock mount system cuts down handling noise
- Cardiod pickup pattern reduces background noise while isolating the main sound source
- Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
- Excellent for capturing the sound of virtually any instrument or sound source
- Especially suitable for close-miking of instrument amps and speakers
- Perfect for studio applications
- Natural presence peak brings out extra clarity in vocals and many instruments
- Built to withstand the harshest conditions, wear, and abuse
- For use both as a handheld microphone and with a stand mount
- Tight cardioid polar patter provides excellent gain before feedback